The USPS has announced new postage rates that will go into
effect on Sunday, January
24, 2021. As a valuable Pitney Bowes partner, we are committed
to keeping you informed and helping your customers put strategies in place to
get the most out of their shipping spend.
Here are some of the highlights of the proposed changes:
- Priority Mail® will see an overall average rate increase of 3.6%, with Commercial Plus prices increasing by 4.5%
- First-Class Package Service® will see an overall average rate increase of 6.2%, with Commercial prices increasing by 6.5%
- Parcel Select® Ground will see an average rate increase of 1.2%
- Priority Mail Express® will see an overall average rate increase of 2.5%, with Commercial Plus prices increasing by 2.5%
- Starting in 2021, a surcharge of $100 will be applied to domestic parcels that exceed the maximum size limit (combined length and girth greater than 130 inches)
- The number of country groups for Priority Mail Express International and Priority Mail International will increase from 17 to 20
- First-Class Package International Service country groups will increase from 9 to 20
- No changes will be made to the First-Class Mail® letter rate
While we wait for final regulatory approval on all services, visit our Rate Change Central page to get more information on the new rates.