Peak preparedness is a 365-day effort at Pitney Bowes. Throughout the year, we have 18 teams working on specific initiatives related to improving peak performance for delivery and returns.
Below are some of the improvements we’ve made in our physical and technological infrastructure to deliver an outstanding experience to you and your consumers.
Network and operational enhancements
- 34% network facility capacity increase (YoY)
- Additional 1,100 full-time, part-time and temp labor
- Sport spans increasing up to 50% and moving to 7 days/week
- 30% interfacility linehaul capacity increase
- Strategic review and replacement of low-performing carriers
- >20% more efficient utilization of trailer space (YoY)
- Up to 75% reduction in tracking latency
- 5+ facilities with parcel automation
- Upgraded tracking experience with Consumer Connect
- Proactive network monitoring specialists
- Package-level estimated return date data feed
- Inbound container acceptance scanning for China Inbound clients
As we approach peak volume season, we hope you gain added value from these enhancements to maximize your reach, convert more customers, and end the year on a high note.